OK, so this is my last post for today.
Part one: Dawnlight.
There is a time in the morning (and even in the day, if you live somewhere perpetually foggy) when mists or clouds seem to cover the sky, and sunlight filters in clean, bleached, dull white light to illuminate a world where colors are dulled, and birds are quiet for a moment. A time when the wind may be blowing at its hardest, but no tree dares rustle a leaf. It is the time of dawnlight, and it is a time of peace and danger, sanctuary and prison. It is a time when spider webs shine with silver beads, and plants are incased in frost dew. It is a time of magic.
I made up, or at least think I made up the word "Dawnlight" about a year ago. The thing about it is that it's pretty and magical when you live somewhere sunny and get up early, but if you live somewhere foggy, like I do, it begins to get old. But it is still an inspiration, even if it has moved from one of magic to dullness, like in my Pagelore book, where everything is gray for a few chapters. Today was like this, and it really was quiet. Even my neighbors' annoying dog wasn't barking. And I still want to write about the magic of the morning mysts. One day.
Part 2: Human Proof Incantations.
You know how blogger asks you to "prove you're a human" with each comment? Well, to me, some of those text blocks look like spells, although most sound like the kind that either don't work, go wrong, or do some dreadfully interesting thing like levitate a molecule of dust an inch in the air. But some are excellent.
Take, for instance:
Ensurfo Anirible
The second word is...questionable, but Ensurfo sounds cool.
Here are a few more:
Illesterm Vacled
Thandow Iford
Thystura Tegai
And so on. Aren't parts of those great?
Please post any worthwhile ones you come across while commenting on this blog, as I plan on collecting them.
-Shadow and host
Part one: Dawnlight.
There is a time in the morning (and even in the day, if you live somewhere perpetually foggy) when mists or clouds seem to cover the sky, and sunlight filters in clean, bleached, dull white light to illuminate a world where colors are dulled, and birds are quiet for a moment. A time when the wind may be blowing at its hardest, but no tree dares rustle a leaf. It is the time of dawnlight, and it is a time of peace and danger, sanctuary and prison. It is a time when spider webs shine with silver beads, and plants are incased in frost dew. It is a time of magic.
I made up, or at least think I made up the word "Dawnlight" about a year ago. The thing about it is that it's pretty and magical when you live somewhere sunny and get up early, but if you live somewhere foggy, like I do, it begins to get old. But it is still an inspiration, even if it has moved from one of magic to dullness, like in my Pagelore book, where everything is gray for a few chapters. Today was like this, and it really was quiet. Even my neighbors' annoying dog wasn't barking. And I still want to write about the magic of the morning mysts. One day.
Part 2: Human Proof Incantations.
You know how blogger asks you to "prove you're a human" with each comment? Well, to me, some of those text blocks look like spells, although most sound like the kind that either don't work, go wrong, or do some dreadfully interesting thing like levitate a molecule of dust an inch in the air. But some are excellent.
Take, for instance:
Ensurfo Anirible
The second word is...questionable, but Ensurfo sounds cool.
Here are a few more:
Illesterm Vacled
Thandow Iford
Thystura Tegai
And so on. Aren't parts of those great?
Please post any worthwhile ones you come across while commenting on this blog, as I plan on collecting them.
-Shadow and host
Uh . . . I can never remember the 'Please Prove You're Not A Robot' thingies. I'll try from now on.
ReplyDeleteBut I always fail. I never succeed on my first or second tries when trying to prove I'm not a robot. Is that bad?
:O Guess what? When I published that comment, guess what? I managed to prove I wasn't a robot on the first try! Yay! *celebrates*
ReplyDeleteYeah. I think it was something like 'dingssio vethio' or something. Not sure about the second word. *shrugs*
Awesome. I will add you to my blogroll!
ReplyDeleteYou can just edit your post, you know. Mine were tioriva conatond.
Usually. . . . I can never prove it, and I don't get to post my comment.
ReplyDeleteEDIT:
Here are a bunch I found on my still-failed attempt to post this:
esstry dissy
ecessav ionagrat
mandesto isinali
ortymeme ischestra
poryeas domeno
isorac enticiet
vaisa iscorena
gestarti parearo
I wrote them down, yes. . .
A few tips: Menus works best on the sidebar instead of the bottom. That way your readers don't have to scroll all the way through your posts. Also (I don't know why) your blog is considerably slower to navigate than others. I'm not positive, but I suspect the pictures in your Aviary post are the culprit.
ReplyDeleteEDIT: ontseryb sidebude
icesk onlyzil
Deletebegual divesiam
rioce ricyh
Gotcha. Oh, do they? Hm. Any advice on how to show those without, um slowing down the connection or whatever?
DeleteWell, you could stuff them into an archive page pretty quickly (as in not the front page of posts but what you see when you click older posts), but that would just be burying the problem. (Just make the number of posts per page smaller until you've posted enough so that it won't show up on the front page, if that makes any sense.) Alternatively, you could make them a smaller size (click them in the post editor and select a smaller size). Not sure if either of them are going to work.
DeleteOf course, there's always the possibility that you have to compress the pics (sacrificing detail for speed; this would be something to do on your own computer that I frankly don't remember how to do).
And then there's also other pictures, like your background, which might be slowing the page down as well. (I think it's pics and not text . . . text-heavy posts are generally not a problem. Plus you haven't got any weird gadgets that aren't on any of the other fast blogs.) You'll kind of have to just kind of play around with it.
Anyway, hope this was helpful.
ordiss hramosen
Y'know what, I think it's the background. If you go to a page without the Aviary photos (like this one) it's still slow.
Deletealysid depeco
:-D I have good sight, so I do get it on the first try pretty often, but I'll record them . . .
ReplyDeleteIessontr therno and edidicei alterno.
ReplyDeleteadstion yonci, andbast zerefet, dfroad ruimage, and realnvot radifere.
ReplyDelete@Nix (reply isn't working): Are you sure? It was in the blogger usual-background-images place, not off the web.
ReplyDeleteI don't know, but it seems to be working now. Meh, maybe it was my computer?
Deleteticaterr heywat