Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Better than a Diary

Well. This died. I honestly did mean to post far more often. It reminds me of a diary I got.


A few years ago for my birthday, I requested a diary. With a key, because I thought that was cool. The annoying bit was that the lock was heartshaped. No thank you. So, I replaced it with another little mini padlock and key I happened to have just lying around. And guess what? The keys were interchangable. Huh. Two completely different companies, completely different keys, both work on either lock. Makes me wonder wether a paperclip would work...

Anyway, I wrote for three days. All of my entries were detailed, and I was comitted. Then I had a week off, then wrote another entry. And now, 3 years later, the diary sits in my drawer, covered in dust, with exactly four posts in it.
This laster a bit longer than the diary, to my relief. And hopefully I won't stop now.


On another note, I'm moving some time this (or maybe next...) month. The odd part it that I haven;t ever seen the place we're moving. My parents assure m that it's great. I hope so. Apparently it's bigger, has a bigger yard, has a small lawn, has a roof you can walk on, has three bedrooms, and isn't on a busy street. So it must be better than here.


On a final note, to make up for the time I spent not posting at all, I had to make an interest group for a homework assignment. A fake one, naturally. So, I made a blog for the PSP: Society for Prohibition of Styrofoam Products. I made it private, and made a gmail account for students to log on and see it. I'm not Mr. Environmentalist, but some of those numbers surprised me. Like, you need eight hundred something gallons of oil to make 1 ton of styrofoam. And it produces up to two thousand something tons of greenhouse gasses, according to wikipedia. Huh.
So now I'm starting to agree with the cause of the PSP. Funny how when you pretend to be an extremely fierce believer about something, you actually end up agreeing with it.


-Shadow

4 comments:

  1. I had a couple of journals before. The keys were interchangeable as well. Any piece of metal should do. Granted, I got a little farther than four entries, but then it sort of broke up. And then I started my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EDITED:
      Manet-
      I've filled some blank books cover-to-cover before.

      Um, wait, I think I remember that assignment too, if it was for The Wife of Arthur's Collection of Intelligent Individuals (I'm using the code . . .). Whatever. I think I went all out and overdid myself on it (mine was advocating alternate energy) and then I remembered that it's rather difficult attaching Powerpoints/Keynotes to The Wife of Arthur's Collection of Intelligent Individuals forums. (Creating a blog? I don't think anybody in my class did that.)

      Delete
  3. Oh, whoops. I messed up while typing that. I see what I did. You could have just deleted my comment — it looks awkward like that.

    ReplyDelete