Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sizes and Salamanders

I rather like the two topic title thing, albeit including alliteration. OK, that was a mouthful.
Anyway, the main reason I'm posting this is because of this AMAZING website I found... Here. It shows a gazillion things that exist in the universe in order of size, starting with the estimated size of the universe, at "at least 160 billion light years" or, if you prefer, 1.6*10^27 meters; to both quantum foam and string, at .00000000001 yoctometers, or 1*10^-35 meters. Wow. It is awesomely scientific, and even more awesomely, gives facts about EVERYTHING it includes. It goes from galaxies to star clusters and nebulas to the Oort Cloud to large stars to planets and moons to countries and states to buildings to animals and plants to marbles and grains of rice to adams to subatomic particles to the wave length of gamma rays to neutrinos to...to...well, other stuff. I command you to check it out!

Second, Salamanders. Salamanders aren't particularly cool creatures, but in fantasy, they somehow move from a creature of earth and water to one of fire.
This is a normal salamander. Sorta cute, in a creepy, bug eyed way...


This is an anime depiction of a fiery salamander. Cool, huh?
This is the awesome, D&D, humanoid salamander. Epic. Wish you could play as these.


Soooo....that's salamanders. Hope you enjoyed this post :)

-Shadow

No comments:

Post a Comment